GENERAL INFO FOR APPLICANTS
ETAP is designed to help students register for the Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) or the International Research Experiences for Students (IRES) programs and apply to Sites that are currently accepting a common application. Please read the following information carefully.
The common application enables applicants to complete their entire application online (for one or more participating Sites in the REU and IRES programs). After providing basic background information, applicants will be asked to provide additional information and submit their application(s).
See the Sites tab for a complete list of Sites currently using the common application system. Students wishing to apply to any of these Sites must apply through this system.
Create an account here to start your application.
To complete your application, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Personal statement (limit 5,000 characters) describing your academic and career goals and how the program will help you achieve these goals. Please note that all Sites you apply to will be able to see this statement.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- Unofficial college transcript.
- Contact information for two references, who will be contacted by email requesting that they complete a reference form through this system.
- Supplemental materials requested by specific Sites, such as writing samples or answers to additional questions. If you are applying to a Site that requires additional materials, the online application will prompt you to provide them.